News – Katar Investments

News

Jeremy Hunt shows support for changing law over medical cannabis oil use

Pressure has been mounting on the government following the case of 12-year-old Billy Caldwell, who needs the medication to treat his epilepsy Jeremy Hunt has signalled his support for overturning legal restrictions on the use of medical cannabis oil, saying no one believes the law is working properly. The health secretary said he hoped that a Home Office review could be completed within […]

Read More

Glasgow Airport and Shanghai Airport Authority sign agreement to pave way for direct air link.

The partnership will see the airports work together to share expertise and best practice in all aspects of airport business. They will also exchange ideas to promote tourism opportunities between the two cities as well as create an “attractive environment” for future direct air line. The move comes just weeks after Edinburgh Airport reached a “ground-breaking agreement” that will […]

Read More

Up date on our News article on Jul 28, 2017: There has been an 83% rise in the number of care homes entering insolvency.

There has been an 83% rise in the number of care homes entering insolvency, from 81 in 2016/17 to 148 in 2017/18, according to figures from the Insolvency Service, compiled by Moore Stephens. With many care home places being paid for by local authorities, the sector has been struggling since the Government cut local authority […]

Read More

رضي الله عنكم طوال هذا الشهر المبارك

Ramadan  also known as Ramazan, Ramzan, Ramadhan, or Ramathan is the ninth month of the Islamic calendar, and is observed by Muslims worldwide as a month of fasting to commemorate the first revelation of the Quran to Muhammad according to Islamic belief. This annual observance is regarded as one of the Five Pillars of Islam. The month lasts 29–30 days based on the visual sightings of the crescent moon, according to numerous […]

Read More

Forbes article on Legal Cannabis Industry:

According to Arcview Market Research and its research partner BDS Analytics, over the next 10 years, the legal cannabis industry will see much progress around the globe. Spending on legal cannabis worldwide is expected to hit $57 billion by 2027. The adult-use (recreational) market will cover 67% of the spending; medical marijuana will take up the remaining 33%. The largest group […]

Read More

Ras Al Khaimah Hotels averaging 79.4% occupancy

Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority (RAKTDA) has announced the Emirate’s highest hotel occupancies in a quarter for Q1 2018, averaging 79.4% up 4% versus Q1 2017 The figures which are up 3.7% versus the same period in 2017 have been driven by ever growing visitor numbers in the region’s fastest growing tourism destination. Overall […]

Read More

Bedford Claims the Crown for Best Commuter Town

Great news, Bedfordians! Your town has taken the prize for best commuter town in the county of Bedfordshire, outplaying its competitors Luton, Biggleswade, Sandy, and Leighton Buzzard. The decision was made based on several factors including location and commute length, community and quality of life, housing affordability, and school system. Location & Commute Length Although Bedford is the […]

Read More

Liverpool city will see the most exciting regeneration project within the Northern Powerhouse

Liverpool Waters, a GBP5 billion masterplan to transform the city’s historic northern docks into a 150-hectare waterfront quarter of residential, commercial and leisure space. Central Docks will the one of Liverpool Waters’ five neighbourhoods and will form its entertainment, business and leisure hub. The plan will create 166,000sqm of office space, 25,000sqm area worth of […]

Read More

Manchester Airport celebrates record breaking year.

Manchester Airport is celebrating a record breaking 2017 after more passengers than ever flew from the UK’s third largest airport. Last year 27,791,274 passengers passed through the airport’s three terminals, an 8.5% increase year on year, with cargo up 9% to 123,576 tonnes. The year saw the launch of new routes to destinations such as […]

Read More